Man blacklisted from ‘all you can eat’ restaurant for eating too much

November 19, 2021

In an incident in China, an all-you-can-eat restaurant owner banned a man from eating too much after accusing him of overindulging. Food live-streamer Mr. Kang was recently banned from the Handadi Seafood BBQ Buffet in Changsha, central China, after eating an excessive amount of food at the venue, the BBC reported.
He ate 1.5kg of pork trotters during his first visit and 3.5kg to 4kg of prawns on another visit, he said.
Mr Kang said the restaurant is “discriminatory” against people who can eat a lot. “I can eat a lot – is that a fault?” he said, adding that he didn’t waste any of the food.
But the restaurant owner told the same reporter that Mr Kang was putting him out of pocket. “Every time he comes here, I lose a few hundred yuan,” he said.
“Even when he drinks soy milk, he can drink 20 or 30 bottles. When he eats the pork trotters, he consumes the whole tray of them. And for prawns, usually people use tongs to pick them up, he uses a tray to take them all.” He added that he is banning all live-streamers from the restaurant.
The story is trending on Chinese social media and has racked up more than 250 million views on Weibo, with a wide-range of opinions. Some have said that the restaurant should not be an all-you-can-eat restaurant if they can’t afford it, while others felt sorry for the restaurant owner.
Chinese president Xi Jinping launched a campaign to reduce food wastage last year, amid fears of shortages during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

-With bbc.com input

Advertisement Area

Comments

Got something to say?

You must be logged in to post a comment.