Pele continues in the intensive care unit after surgery

September 11, 2021

Brazil’s football legend Pele is still receiving intensive medical treatment after a tumor has been removed from the intestine. “The patient Edson Arantes do Nascimento is recovering satisfactorily,” said a medical bulletin from the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo, published by the Brazilian media on Friday (local time).
According to this, the 80-year-old is conscious and actively speaking, but remains in the intensive care unit.
A publication on the Peles Instagram account said in the style of a football player: “I feel a little better every day. I’m looking forward to playing again, but I need a few more days to recover. ”He uses the time to talk a lot with his family and to rest.
Pele had been rushed to a hospital in Sao Paulo the week before. Serious health problems were rejected in a tweet at the time. He was in the hospital because of routine examinations that he hadn’t been able to do beforehand because of the corona pandemic. These examinations identified the tumor that was removed last
Saturday. It is not known whether the tumor was cancerous.
Pele’s health was a recurring concern over the past few years. He underwent several hip operations. He also had problems with his spine and knee. Two years ago he had a kidney stone removed after a urinary tract infection. Pele made 92 appearances for Brazil and won three World Cup titles (1958, 1962, 1970).

Advertisement Area

Comments

Got something to say?

You must be logged in to post a comment.