Woman dies from toxic gas

September 30, 2010

Cylinder Blast
Woman dies from toxic gas
A woman died and three fell ill inhaling poisonous gas after a cylinder exploded at an ice mill in Bagerhat town yesterday.
The explosion at Price Ice Mill at a kitchen market in the town at around 10:15am left Majeda Begum, 65, wife of late Hasan Mollah, Nirapada, 58, Piyara Begum, and Sonia, 10, severely injured. They were residents of a nearby slum.
On information, fire fighters rushed to the spot and took them to Bagerhat Sadar Hospital where Majeda died at around 11:00am.
Of the injured, Nirapada was later shifted to Khulna Medical College Hospital in a critical condition.
Dr Komolesh Saha, medical officer of Bagerhat Sadar Hospital, confirmed the incident.
The mill owner, M Niaz Iqbal Saibal, said gas spread to the area through the cracks that developed on a wall of the mill due to the explosion.

 

Courtesy of The Daily Star

Advertisement Area

Comments

Got something to say?

You must be logged in to post a comment.